Saturday, September 8, 2018

The right question.



I was working with a low salary. Five hours daily. Six days a week. We couldn’t have savings.

We lived in a small house which had another floor up it was unusable owing to the fact that this house wasn’t ours and because the house was falling apart. Winters were a horrible nightmare, we had leaks and every time it was raining we felt like the water was like big hammers falling down threating us on the weak roof of the house. We couldn’t fall asleep, our hearts pounded very fast with every thud on the second floor.


One year later after we moved into that weakly-built house, my husband got cancer so in the midst of tears, painful days, dreads and without knowing what will happen next day...

The prayer that I kept saying was: 

Jesus, can you change these things?
Can you stop this cancer?
Will you still hold up this house?
Will I still have food in my fridge tomorrow?
Can you stop this storm?

But somehow I found out that sometimes the best question is not, "Jesus, can you change these things around me?"  but instead God, can you change me so that I can handle these things that you made me walk through?

And I believe in these words and I know that He is changing me and that is making all the differences. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...