Friday, May 4, 2018

The man who invented Christmas (2017)

It was really a surprise, a beautiful surprise. I have to admit that I don’t like these contemporary movies, I’m sorry but I would like to go to the cinema and enjoy but I can’t. I can’t bare those digital effects every minute without necessity, explosions and battles for more than 30 minutes. I note the difference how the plot is weaker than ever and certainly they bored me. So! The least I was expecting yesterday when I made my mind up to watch The man who invented Christmas was that it would be amazing. Certainly, I didn’t expect that. But it was like this and I am very grateful.







I know is not Christmas, not even close, but I couldn't go to the cinema when I should have gone and now it's my time for watching this movie and I was so excited so I couldn't wait much longer.  

What is this movie about? The plot is very simple. In 1842 you’ll see how Charles Dickens wrote one of his most famous books Christmas Carol. How that idea came up to his mind? What kind of experiences was he going through? If you are like me and love writing, you know that each writer spill part of their experiences on papers, hence each book we write has a part of us. Well, Dickens was not a different person. The film is based on Les Standiford’s meticulously researched book of the same name. I didn't read that book yet. 

It’s marvellous how Dan Stevens gives life Charles Dickens himself, I’m afraid I will always remember him as Mr. Ferrars (Sense and sensibility series BBC)  but in this movie, Dan was impressive beside Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Great team and together built a bit of drama, a bit of comedy and somewhat they mixed all these things up developed a gorgeous movie.

I enjoyed  the most, that way Charles goes and comes with all his character behind him, great moment of comedy and a perfect reflex on us, the writers, when we are starting a novel and we can’t put our story out of our minds and there we are, all day thinking and thinking even when we don’t want to. Bah humbug! 

It’s a fantastic story if you have read the book before and know a little bit about Charles Dickens because this movie is full of details you can enjoy. It’s a little jewel and by hands of British people, it’s more perfect. The costumes are absolutely believable, the same I can talk regard the street, stores, carriages and such, it’s been absolutely wonderful. I don’t know if those places are real or they are recording in a studio, but no doubt they care about all those things very well.  

Bharat Nalluri shows us a bit of Charles’s life and his generousity, but there’s like a hidden small message in the movie. You can read between lines and see how everyone has one little Scrooge within and everyone should learn from him for don’t hurt the people we love and Charles had to learn that message as well. Thank God, never it’s too late.

God bless us, everyone. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...