Friday, May 26, 2017

North and South {Serie BBC}


image Today I woke up early in the morning.
image I made my exercise.
image The sky is quite clear and a little warm.
* I feel peaceful and rested.
image I'm reading "the bungalow mystery" [Nancy Drew #3]
image Maybe with a little headache.




Good morning and welcome one more time here, I hope you enjoy this article and later write down your opinion. I'm in mood "period-drama" and I'm watching my miniseries from BBC. I thought it will be a good idea let here my feelings. Do you want to join me? Let's hit it!

After the people persuade me to watch this series I took my opportunity one day, sat down myself on the sofa and started to watching it. After the first episode, I wanted to give it up because I'm very sensitive and is a hard work for me watch scenes with too much misery and children crying, but something pushed me up and I went on with the rest. 


Plot:


When her father leaves the Church in a crisis of conscience, Margaret Hale is uprooted from her comfortable home in Hampshire to move with her family to the north of England. Initially repulsed by the ugliness of her new surroundings in the industrial town of Milton, Margaret becomes aware of the poverty and suffering of the local mill workers and develops a passionate sense of social justice. This is intensified by her tempestuous relationship with the mill-owner and self-made man, John Thornton, as their fierce opposition over his treatment of his employees masks a deeper attraction.




Margaret Hale is a sweet and nice woman belongs to Helstone, south of England, but when her father has problems with his believings, make his mind up and take his family at Milton, north of England and in there they settle down. Helstone is a peaceful place with flowers, clear sky, and friendly people. Milton is dirty, its sky is always gray, its ways are gray, the people are gray and their lungs are gray too because the rubbish they breathing.

In Milton is starting the industrial revolution and all people are excited, nervous, and exhausted and Margaret meets Nicolas Higgins, the head leader that wants for himself and for his fellas a better work and better conditions because the misery is so much big, the family are numerous and children crying for food, daughter dying with ill lungs and the people don't find support in the work. But Margaret meets Mr. Thorton too, but this man is rude with his workers, is grave, and always frowning. Their first meeting is wrong, they have prejudice each other, and they have misunderstandings. This is a huge problem because Mr. Thorton is a pupil from Mr. Hale and that means they are going to see each other often.
But under the shadow of his frown, dark, brow, there are hidden a beautiful smile. 

Milton will steal from Margaret to many things and give her tears and concerns, thus Margaret will become sterner with everything around her and always find support in Mr. Bell. Such a good man, he made me smile.

I read the book, as well and I have to say is better than this series. I loved it and is one of my favorites books.







2 comments:

  1. Mysterious GentlemanJune 5, 2017 at 10:43 PM

    Interesting article. Wow, the series has to be interesting, though it has to be a little hard to see because of the poverty and such things. Like you said, the books are often better than the movies or TV series. They are longer and have more topics and ideas. It's funny that the TV series shows the contrast between the two parts of England. It's true there was very much poverty in the old England.

    Great article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for clicking!
      Indeed is an interesting point of view and is remarkable the differents between those two places. Of course, the book is deeper and more intense but if you want to enjoy something shorter you can try this series, but never forget the book is better, always.

      Come back when you want!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...