Wednesday, November 20, 2019

A love like ours {Becky Wide}


About Porter series books by Becky Wide.

As I wrote down here before, my favourite book of this series was “Undeniably yours”. I loved that story about the strong a less confident Bo Porter and the shy and so believer Meg Cole. I wrote about how Meg harboured God in her heart for every decision she had to make. This lecture enriched me with God all the time taking the wheel. I don’t know, really, this book was something. If you want to read a bit more you can click here.



SPOILERS ALERT


After “Undeniably yours” I ate greedily “Meant to be mine”. To be honest, I hoped much more after the first one but I have to admit that I ended up a bit disappointed. The story about Ty Porter and Celia didn’t convince me and I enjoyed rather less than the first one. How could I not agree with every decision Celia made? Every time she said “yes” I yelled “no”. I didn’t understand the way she thought and even the way they drive their relationship… it made me feel upset sometimes, as well. That’s why I put aside the third book for a time; I dread to have another story like Ty’s.

The three brothers are full of testosterone, Dru, the only sister among her three brothers, thinks the same. The three of them are tall, handsome and so stubborn on their ways.

Ty was a little different, he was so stubborn once he was aware of who he was respecting Celia’s daughter and he wanted Celia back to his life although it was the last thing to do in his life.
Bo and Jake were so stubborn concerning their relationship with Meg and Lyndie. While Ty wanted to get near to Celia, Bo and Jake wanted to put space between their girls thinking all the time that they weren’t good enough for those women they loved. Bo thought that he was just an ordinary man, just a worker that was in love with his boss.  They were employee and employer. And Jake thought more the same that he was not good enough for Lyndie, but because of other reasons.

About “A love like ours

Joke Porter could have died in that accident in Iraq with his men. Jake even begged God about that because of the guilt he felt like a heavy burden over his shoulders. He knew that he didn’t deserve to live since he had failed the only mission he was asked for. But God spared his life among the others for something, for his purpose.

If I really enjoyed Bo and Meg’s relationship and the way God worked on them, especially in every decision Meg made, I enjoyed and learned with this another stubborn cowboy Jake Porter and the way he shut God out of his life. But the truth is that he doesn’t that God didn’t shut him out. Beautiful, isn’t it?

We’re still in Whispering Creek although with Jake as a trainer of his Thoroughbreds when he will meet Lyndie, a very close friend from his childhood. Jake is a tortured hero, still suffering from PTSD eight years after leaving the Marines and he thinks that his life doesn’t have any room available for more people than he already knows. But Lyndie is determined to make room.

The motto of Lyndie’s family: “God’s good will blow Jake’s mind every single time he hears it. Jake couldn’t understand how this family could be so thankful after having an ill child in their lives. Weren’t they blind? Why weren’t they angry with God after what he had allowed to Molly?  Because he was after his accident with the EID.

God’ good. These three words struck him every time he heard them. I’m almost sure that, as a Christian, we fought against God at least once in our lives, but why? Why do we have to fight against the only person that loves us, bought us and take care of us like anyone else? Why? I have my thoughts about it. I think that we fight because we didn’t acquire what we wanted, like stubborn children that think we know more than Him and what we need before Hi knows it.

We, absolutely, forgot that we’re so wrong, though. He always knows more and better and further. We forgot that it was our choice to surrender all to Him, including our lives in order to let Him take the wheel about us.  So let Him be. Jake struggles with all of it and it makes me think that we shouldn’t fight against the only person we can count with. Even if we don’t understand where we're going or what we went through. He knows.

Becky presents us a very peculiar and beautiful character we can learn with. God has his way. Let Him works.   











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...