Wednesday, November 27, 2019

W- Two Worlds


When I’m a Little overfilled with my reading and I don’t feel like watching any Hallmark movies, the only thing can help me is watching a k-drama. It always helps. In any case, watching k-dramas is a very good reason for laughing to me. They are, really and truly, a good pick-me-up. But I’m, also, a bit lost when I have to watch a new one. I spend so much time reading reviews and plots. This time? This time I saw a few recommendations on Youtube and I wrote down a few names in my notebook that I’m really looking forward to. Among the names I wrote down W Two Worlds , it was just one of them and I have to say that this k-drama over exceeded all my expectations.

With W Two Worlds I was looking for some romance, so much laughing and maybe, a little bit of fantasy. What I acquired was very astonishment from this drama. I just wanted a k-drama to spend my time with. A bit of romance and a bit of laughing is the only thing I wished for.



Oh Yeon Joo’s father is a very famous drawer of webtoons, but no either webtoon. His webtoon was the more famous comic in the whole of Korea and every girl loved Kang Chul, the male main character. One day, Oh Yeon Joo’s father disappears and she is examined his study, place of his works when a hand held her and dragged her to… A whole new world? The disappearances of her father will mark a new beginning for Oh Yeon Joo's life.

I don’t want to say any more details because if you want to be surprised, be smart and don’t read any other plot anywhere. Each episode ends up with a cliffhanger and when you might think that the story can’t go anywhere else, it will pull you somewhere else. It seems that it’s going to finish when a whole new subject arises. In my opinion, it’s constantly surprising you and I got a bit of scare. I have to admit that I don’t watch any terror movie so it could be that I get scared easier than other people since I’m not used to watching those kinds of scenes. 

You have to be quite careful since the very first episode it's a really big spoiler itself. Don't watch it if you are not going to carry on. It would be such a pity. One thing for sure is that this drama is completely unpredictable. Things happen out of nowhere and you will see yourself utterly lost between two worlds. This Drama will blow your mind if you would give it a go. 

It could be at the beginning something not original, I mean, who hasn't dreamed of entering their favourite story?  I have dreamed of. The good news is that the story it's not just that, it's bigger and bigger and I didn't know where we were going. It's such a relief to think of how time they spent creating and writing this story because everything happens so logical and you don't get tired any moment. Bummer.... American series used to be great, as well. But I don't feel bad. thank God, if I can't watch American series (because we are not a very good match anymore) I have other countries to explore. 



SPOILERS ALERT

As a writer, a novice one, Kang Chul made me think about my characters when I’m writing down a new story. I don’t know, maybe I’m saying nonsense, but when Kang Chul realizes that he’s a mere character of a webtoon… I think that his disappointment is so grand that he stops to value everything he does, even you can fee it quite well in that episode. He feels very used, like toy. When he’s in front of Oh Yeon Joo in the jail, it’s like he, as a character, was blaming at his creator for the little care she had had with him and the rest of the team. For everything he went through just for entertaining humans. It made me think about the hard situations I push my characters in my stories, maybe I'll think twice next time I’m going to write again. 


And what about Oh Yeon Joo's father?? Playing those two characters... He was a genius, what a difference of personality. I was speechless. I don't know him, but he has to be a very good actor if he can play as a father and a villain. He scared me more than one time. It's brilliant when he decided to be the villain Kang Chul is looking for all his life, and it's more brilliant when he comes up with that idea and ends up like a real real villain, killing people and such. He didn't see that coming, that's for sure.

The same way I lifted my browns and opened my mouth when Oh Yeon Joo and Kang Chul exchange roles and now, she is the character of that webtoon she used to loved and Kang Chul the human being always he thought he was. Wow... Each episode is a showpiece.

SPOILERS ALERT ENDS



Be it as it may, regarding my frequent watching of k-dramas, W Two Worlds is, so far, utterly and altogether the more different k-drama I’ve ever seen in my whole life. I'm a little proud of it. It's like I'm getting progress.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...