Friday, July 20, 2018

The lion, the witch and the wardrobe ~Narnia #1

How many of you didn’t dream about other worlds beyond ours? Maybe because you wanted to find a shelter since you were so tired with your own problems constantly pursuing you; maybe because you are just tired or bored. Lucy found one while she was playing seek-and-hide. What happens in this story is an act of love, is about being strong and determinated. You will have to decide which side want to take and fight for it even when you regret it later.






In fact, I never was a big fan of these books, but you know, I have always had people around me trying to persuade me, but is true! I never like this series, I don't know why because I liked the first adaptation on the screen but the second one I throw it away, honestly, I can't stand the second one. So! one day like others I was chatting with a friend of mine and she tried to persuade me with Narnia and its fantastic world, so I told myself, This is now or never. I decided to read the first book only and later, we'll see, what do you think? I think it was not too bad. I think I'm not prepared because in my mind I still have Harry Potter and his adventures and in a kind of a way I was, constantly, comparing this one with the others. But the perfect moment came to me and here is my review.


How many of you didn’t dream about other worlds beyond ours? Maybe because you wanted to find a shelter since you were so tired with your own problems constantly pursuing you; maybe because you are just tired or bored. Lucy found one while she was playing seek-and-hide. What happens in this story is an act of love, is about being strong and determinated. You will have to decide which side want to take and fight for it even when you regret it later. 

 These things happen because of Lucy, the eldest, or because of that prophecy? When Lucy goes through that wardrobe the last thought she had was to find another world in there and the prophecy says about four human beings taking a crown after defeat the White Witch. Will be that true? 


I'm sure that almost everyone knows about this series, maybe because of the books, maybe because of the movies, but I can't go on writing and jump over what I love the most about this story. God and his act of love, the biggest act of love that you can find ever. There's no other story bigger than this and whether there is any story similar to this, I'm telling you that God was first. You can keep this reading or throw it away buthis British novelist (How much I love British novelists is beyond description) was a Christian man and if I love reading British novelist, I love God more, could you imagine how I feel when I reading those two things together? Wordlessly

There are too many resemblances between this story and the Bible whether you know the popular story about Christ’s life but although you know just a little you will find resemblances even if you know the basics tips like Judas, Christ’s death and resurrection.  I think it’s a beautiful thing to write about Christ’s life to the youngest generation owing to the fact that Gospel could be boring to them (although is not boring when you treat God as your own father and you want to have a relationship with him)

On the other hand, I always love that thought about imagining myself into another world like Alice, Dorothy and now, like these four children in Narnia where everything may happen and everything is different from where I come from. You wouldn’t need to drag me there, I would go by myself. Is it a book just for children? Absolutely not, like Harry Potter, you can perfectly read between lines and learn too many things that children can’t and inside these books, there is too much food, if you know what I mean, these aren’t just for children, I tell you in advance. 

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe talks about our eternal battle; good against evil and where the light has to bright upon everything. Maybe Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy are children but they are the bravest children Allan could find to fight beside him, even Edmund, yes, even him because forgiveness is an important lesson that Jesus teaches us and he’s always encouraging us to do the same.

I don't want to tell you more than encourage you to take a chance read the first book only. If you like it, you could go on reading the rest of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...