Thursday, October 11, 2018

Just a few words about Harry Potter

Pinterest


As too many of you already know my first passion and all my life lies in Jesus Christ, below him, I spend the rest of my leisure hours reading. To be honest, I love more reading than watching movies which I’m not saying I don’t like watching movies because I do. It’s just I like more reading, that’s all.

Well, so what am I reading these days? I have a habit and that’s it, every winter I take Harry Potter and the philosopher’s stone and I read it. I’m doing that 4 years in a row but this year I’ve got the opportunity of reading the whole series and I started in summer. But why I want to read Happy Potter’s book in winter?




When you read this series of books you live with Harry Potter his whole year, so you live with him the 4 seasons, too. I shouldn’t have any kind of preference for winter, however, there’s something which I can’t put any name on it that makes me feel I want to read them in winter. I guess it’s because of the main topic, that eternal fight about good and evil, maybe because of the sadness of Harry Potter living all his life with no parents, maybe because how he’s treated in his Uncle’s house. Maybe because of the prophecy…  I can’t put a single name at all those things I wrote, they are just feelings and that feelings tell me that winter is the perfect time for reading these books.

Besides, when I’m reading Harry Potter I dream about peering out of my window and seeing the sky overcast, I want to take my blanket and lie back on the sofa, curled up. While I’m reading I’d like to listen to a gentle patter of the drops on the window and the rumble of the thunder. That would be my perfect reading time.

Reading Harry Potter is a journey, such a great adventure I do every time I have the book in my hands. I’m not in my house anymore, I’m Harry Potter and I live his life within me. It’s a journey where I learn about friendship; I remember that I have a vivid imagination which I don’t want to forego of it; I cry of happiness or sadness with Harry… All in all, I’ve a mixture of feelings pounding in my heart. These books have so many things I like that I don’t know where to begin with. Harry Potter’s books drag me to those places I want to keep always in my mind. It’s not like an escape of my world, no it’s not, I mean Hogwarts it’s, too, my home, it’s a place I can always go for seeing what I can’t here. 

Pinterest


There’s another explanation about why I love that much Harry Potter and it’s because I can’t deny, like Rowling herself said once, she took inspiration from her believing of Jesus Christ so I can see love, self-sacrifice, abnegation and commitment. I see as Harry is a brilliant boy, that brilliant that he could have been a very good partner with Lord Voldemort, he could have been an excellent student in Slytherin’s house. Harry has power and brains, he learns faster than others and better than anyone but Harry has the biggest gift that Lord Voldemort couldn't have had ever and that is love for the people around him. Love for a better place to live. Harry has a conscience, a very good one and he knows very well that he doesn’t want to be like any Death Eaters, much less like Lord Voldemort, that’s why Harry fights that strong against any of them. 

 I can’t put them down once I have this series in my hands. I think, Rowling knew very well what she was doing at all times. Harry Potter’s life has so many things I share with him that it’s like a part of me it’s always poured among his pages or maybe it’s the other way around I don’t know exactly, but I have too many things in my life connected to him and sometimes while I’m reading it makes me think about my life, my behaviour, and about I’m living in that moment because it’s like it coincides. 

As I said, Harry Potter wakes me up a mixture of feelings inside me, always good ones.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...