Sunday, January 20, 2019

My wishes for this New Year

  How should you start this New Year?
What did you wish for your life? Did you wish something for the people around you, too?

Are you an ambitious person? Because I am, a lot but maybe I should say that my wishes respect to my ambitions are different from yours, aren’t they? Let’s see.


What am I ambitioning? I know what you’re thinking about; you have in mind things like having a boy/girlfriend, meeting the “princess” of your dreams. Maybe you wished a better job to earn more money or perhaps a new car. 

My point is your wishes are completely wrong; your ambition just reaches those material things that might be broken, lost, burnt or stolen. What about wishing for other things that last longer? Think higher! My wishes can’t be broken, lost, burnt or stolen.

I want to be as I’ve always dreamt and everyone else wants to. A better person with a clean conscience; mark people in their lives. I want to be the kind of person who everyone wants to be but they actually “can’t” because they say you can’t be a good person as everyone else might step on you. I want to do those good deeds and I don’t care if people make me stumble because I will know that I’m doing the right thing, that correct thing that everyone dreams of doing. 

I’m not saying that those material wishes are totally wrong but maybe, just maybe, they shouldn’t be the first thing in your bucket list because, in one way or another, you could having them easier than my wishes about being a better person. If you stopped to think about your wishes you’ll notice that those wishes are just about you, my wishes are about everyone else. When I try to be a better person I can have an effect on other people.

I mean, I’m talking about being less proud. Do you know how families are broken because of that rotten feeling? Do you know how many problems you could have solved just saying “forgive me” instead of feed your pride? Did you try to fix your relationship over and over before starting to gaze another man or woman on the street? Do you have two cars and “your brother” has no one and you know that he is in want?

What would happen if this New Year you thought less about yourself and more about the people around you? The world didn’t blow up I assure you that. Test your feelings how great they are when you give more instead of receiving.  


Acknowledge your faults and know your defects. This will keep you, always, on the same level as everyone else and you won’t think about yourself greater and higher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...